When should I rekey my building?
A building that’s been correctly master keyed should last between 5 to 7 years depending on how well the keys are controlled and the locksmiths’ ability to maintain keying records.
Other signs it’s time to consider rekeying your building are
- Your key cabinet is missing several keys, especially the master key!
- You have a drawer full of keys no one knows what they go to.
- Employees are shown up in unauthorized areas of your building.
- Heavy turnover of employees.
- Missing inventory or office supplies are on the rise.
- Not getting back an employee’s keys when they terminate from the company.
- Your records of who you issue keys to are out of date or missing information.
- Too many master keys have been issued, particularly the master key.